Nitrous Oxide Sedation for the Dental Team DVD is an instructional video for dental practitioners such as dental hygienists, assistants, dentists and students. The DVD teaches and shows how to monitor Nitrous Oxide Sedation (NOS).
Dr. Vaishali Singhal created the NOS DVD in response to a lack of supplemental educational material about NOS monitoring.
The 21-minute video demonstrates the parts and use of a nitrous oxide machine and provides information about different NOS machines. A step-by-step NOS scenario with narration provides a demonstration of a realistic monitoring session. In addition, the video covers topics such as pre-op preparation, indications for use, contraindications for use, titration-time technique and patient management.
The target market for the NOS DVD is publishers of educational and study materials for dental practitioners. Dental hygienists and dental assistants are popular careers with a considerable number of colleges and universities graduating students. Examples of this are the following:
- There are over 336 educational institutions in the United States that provide bachelor, masters or doctoral degrees for dental hygienist and over 273 for dental assistants
- More than 6,700 dental hygienists and 5700 dental assistants graduate annually
- Currently 35 states in the US allow dental assistants to perform NOS monitoring and 32 states allow dental assistants
- Dental hygiene and assistant careers are also popular internationally
The video content on the DVD is also relevant for practicing hygienists and assistants studying for new certification or re-certification.
- The NOS video reinforces classroom studies as a companion to the in person, online classes and text books
- The video is available for streaming by extracting the content from the DVD and converting to a supported streaming media format
- Uses for the video include:
- As a DVD companion for dental, medical or NOS text books or from NOS equipment vendors with NOS equipment
- Video streaming for online dental training and education
- For purchase from online dental education websites
- Internationally, in countries that allow hygienists and practitioners to perform or monitor NOS
- The length of the video benefits viewers keeping their attention
- The NOS DVD is proven to be useful for NOS training having sold close to 500 copies across multiple states in the US
Intellectual Property & Development Status:
Available through license or distribution agreement.
For information about commercial licenses contact: Dan Benderly
Click here for licensing details